What is Programmatic Advertising?
Simply put, Programmatic Advertising is the use of technology to buy and sell advertising space in an automated way. This can be done through ad exchanges or using software known as a DSP (Demand-Side Platform). Programmatic Advertising allows businesses to target their audience more effectively and efficiently, as well as measure the results of their campaigns more accurately.
How does Programmatic Advertising Benefit Businesses?
Programmatic Advertising can benefit businesses in a number of ways:
- It allows businesses to target their audience more effectively and efficiently, as well as measure the results of their campaigns more accurately.
- Programmatic Advertising provides a more streamlined and efficient way to buy and sell advertising space.
- Programmatic Advertising can help businesses save money by automating the buying and selling of advertising space.
How does Programmatic Advertising Hurt Businesses?
Programmatic Advertising can hurt businesses in a number of ways:
- Programmatic Advertising can be expensive, particularly for small businesses.
- Programmatic Advertising can be complex and difficult to understand, which can lead to mistakes being made.
- Programmatic Advertising can be unreliable, as it is dependent on technology. If the technology fails, the advertising campaign will fail.
So, Programmatic Advertising can benefit or hurt businesses depending on a number of factors. It is important to understand the pros and cons of Programmatic Advertising before deciding if it is right for your business.
Takeaway: Programmatic Advertising is just “another” form of advertising that can assist a business in their marketing. As with everything, there is no “one size fits all” approach — each platform has its own unique skills and hurdles — but they are options nonetheless.
Contact us to learn how we can help YOU in your Marketing/Investor Relations/Public Relations and Media Relations